Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Just an hour tonight but tried to put 110% into absolutely everything. Plenty of kicks on the bag to toughen up my shins, especially my left as for some reason I've been neglecting my left leg.

My mate Darren came back from the RAF for a week and since he started when did and is still really interested in Muay Thai and fighting . We had a few rounds with him and he posed different problems since he is quite happy to just fly in with punches and kicks coming in from all angles. It may be because he hasn't trained in a while (undisciplined) or maybe that is just his style, I honestly don't know and can't remember. I managed to stay quite calm despite some haymakers and got my counters in quite accurately. Sparring with Graham was much better tonight because I worked on my own plan rather than trying to figure out how to defend and counter his. I am going to do this from now on because despite being caught with a few good shots (up top and on the legs) I landed almost everything I wanted to and only messed up when I lost my head in the last 10 secs of the last round. Tried a spinning back fist as I seen Graham's hands drop as he moved in. Little did I know he was trying to clinch and because I didn't look over my shoulder I hit his forehead with the back of my arm! I tried to stop in the clinch because of the pain but he thought I was checking on him and just said he was fine and kneed me in the leg! hahaha. got a knee of myself in his gut before the buzzer spelled the end of the round.

Feel really energized, hope this lasts until my fight.

Staying up for a while to watch the election in the USA, good luck to Barack! :)

*edit*

Damn, almost forgot! Graham and I started our circuit training today. It was really tough but I just sppent the whole time thinking that if I don't give everything then lose this fight, I won't be able to try harder, won't be able to take that time back and do it again but better. I only get one shot at a first fight and I'm damned if something as burpees is gonna get in my way!

No comments: