Tuesday, October 07, 2008

I'm training Tuesday - Wednesday - Thursday this week so I have done an upper body workout yesterday:

pull ups - 3 x 10
tricep dips - 3 x 10
press ups (weighted-3kg) 3 x 10

That was pretty tough, mostly from the pull ups which are my weak point.

Today I have just done a lower body workout:

Squats - 3 x 10
Calf raises - 3 x 15
don't know what to call this one but basically just put 3kg weight on each foot and lifted my foot up to strengthen my shin muscle - 3 x 10
Again, names escape me but this time with the weights back on my feet I hung my legs over the side of the sofa and lay down and lifted my legs to get my quads - 3 x 10

The idea behind just doing 3 sets of 10 reps (mostly) is that I know I can do this and it is a good base to work from and adjust by doing more sets or more reps as required. I know I would struggle to do any more pull ups or press ups, for example.

Thai class tonight will just be going over gradings again. Graham wants to sit his on Thursday so he wants to go over the full thing tonight. I'm not really bothered about doing this one just now as I know I can do everything required and also, I can't afford it!

Kieran

No comments: