Tuesday, September 30, 2008

No blog on Thursday simply because we done exactly the same as on Tuesday but sparred a bit harder and done rounds rather than just play sparring for 20 mins.

Started training for my fight yesterday. We are going to be training an extra day for the next few weeks (Monday, Tuesday & Thursday) to get "warmed up" for training 5 days a week. Was tought pad word for the first hour then the second hour we worked on footwork and timing with teeps, kicks and knees. It was great but obviously fight training is gonna be much tougher.

One thing I'm getting a bit annoyed at is that I bruise like a peach. It doesn't hurt (aside from the bruise I got from a clash of knees!) but my legs are covered in yellowing blotches and that's while wearing two shin pads! Crazy.

For the next wee while it looks like I'll be following this schedule:

Monday - rest
Tuesday - training
Wednesday - cardio
Thursday - training
Friday - rest
Saturday - sparring/technique work
Sunday - rest

I'll have to amend things for gigs and practices though as I've got a gig this Saturday in Aberdeen and we will need to practice for that and Calum wants to try again with Welcome Home, Explorer so we will hopefully be practicing with him soon too!

Kieran

No comments: